Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back Post #4 - Meeting Dates

We finally have meeting dates!!! We have our first two meeting dates, and after the second one, we'll officially set our wedding date. I know I know, we keep saying January 8th, 2011. But that's not set in stone until our second meeting. The meetings are designed to "assess our readiness for marriage" but seeing as Sean and I are perfectly confident we're ready, we're not too worried about that. What we're more worried about is our priest not liking the day we picked (it's still technically in the Christmas season). There's nothing against weddings in the Christmas season, but the priests have the right to be picky. We're also worried about him possibly going on another mission trip at that time of the year, which means we'd either have to change our priest or our date. Not a preferable option on either account. Another possibility is that the day will be full, but we HIGHLY doubt that (although most of my age group is starting to get to the marriage age), considering it's January and there are 3 time slots each day for weddings at All Saints.
Anyways. Our meeting dates are both on Sunday, on April 19th and May 10th, at 10 am both times. Two months away. But this also means I can go get my Bapt Cert over spring break, which is ideal. Like, ideal ideal. That's going to save me at least $10 from having to get them mailed, and this way I can just pop over to St. Cletus one day. Super easy. 

I really like having this blog. I feel like no one really understands the work that goes into a Catholic wedding, because they're so ornate and complicated. But a lot of work is going into this event, even at the earliest stages. From setting a date to getting engagement pictures and save-the-dates out to gathering ideas for centerpieces, it's a lot of work. But I'm excited. This summer we're going to have to make a LOT of appointments though. We have to find a hall (all the ones we're looking at come catered), a cake person, possibly a photographer, a DJ, etc etc etc. Oi.

No comments: