Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Bright Bright Sun Shiney Day

The weather is turning warmer, the days are longer, and just like that, everything seems to be looking up.

-This week, we bought a patio table. Basically, Sean's parents gave me some money for my birthday, and that's what I chose to spend it on. We put it together tonight, and it's sooo nice to be able to  sit outside and eat dinner in the 80 degree weather. And tomorrow, we break out the BBQ for the season!

-My boss is having me do my annual review now (2 months early!), which means I'll get my raise a little bit earlier

-Sean has a summer internship! He'll be working at the tax clinic - it'll give him court experience and looks great on a resume (at least, this is what his graduated, friends-with-jobs say). It's unpaid, which actually means he'll be paying to work (since it's also 2 credit hours). But it's only a few hours a week, and they're flexible enough that he should be able to work a job if he can find one. *fingers crossed*

-We're going home this weekend to celebrate St. Pat's - Sean's family is hugely Irish, so it's a big holiday. We'll be drinking in the streets (literally), eating corned beef and cabbage (and Irish soda bread), and celebrating my birthday a bit more with my family.

-We're going to Florida at the end of the month!! Sean's spring break is the last week of the month, and I was able to get 2 days off work despite it being month end, so we're road-tripping down to Destin for a quick 4 day vacation. We'll be staying with his aunt, which means all we need to pay for is the gas to get there (though we'll take her and her daughter out to dinner as a thanks). It might be colder than it is here, but it's a getaway with a pretty beach.

This past winter, it seems like everything was moving at a snail's pace. We were getting along just fine, but there wasn't any progression in our lives. It feels like things are finally changing (or maybe I'm just in a better mood with the weather), and I'm so grateful for that. Hopefully, thing keep moving forward!

No comments: