Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blog Funk

I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately.

I'm not really sure why, but I'm sure that there's a multitude of reasons that are contributing. I love my new job, but it's physically and mentally taxing, and while I'm still getting used to it, I'm just exhausted when I get home. My energy goes towards dinner, cleaning, and crafting - though I'm not blogging about it :p. I have however been doing some crafts. I have a huge project on my hands, and I'm really excited about it. I seriously can't wait to blog about it, but it's going to be a little while. I also have another project I'm looking to do, but that's another post.

We're moving in August. We don't know where we're moving to yet, but it's a definite. We're looking through the school's housing program, but it's still a very iffy situation since we're 3 months out.

It's wedding season! We went to a wedding yesterday, and we have another one next week. Yesterday was Chris and Aubrey's - the ceremony was wonderful. It was outdoors, she was bagpiped in, and the weather was perfect. There weren't enough chairs, but it was only about 20 minutes. The reception was a little rougher though. Cold food, only beer and water (not even soda!) were served, and one of the speakers blew. Oh, and the DJ racially insulted one of the law school kids. Not cool. I'm just hoping the bride doesn't find out - I would have been mortified!! I'm really excited for next weekend's though :) (JLINNNNNNN)

I'm also looking into a new camera for Europe. I don't want to take the plunge for a DSLR, but I'd still like a camera that I can take quality photos with. I know I definitely want a camera with optical zoom, and I'd like adjustable shutter speed also. I know I don't want an ultra-compact one - I rather have something a bit heftier. Probably in the $200-300 range. I really need to just look at reviews and such, but anyone have any suggestions for a DSLR/compact hybrid? I'd appreciate it!

Anyway. I'm off to work on my little project. I'll have pictures about it in a while!!

1 comment:

HerRoyalDemoness said...

Sounds like you're looking for a Micro Four Thirds camera. They're basically a combination of a point-and-shoot and a DSLR (small like a point-and-shoot, have the lens capabilities of a DSLR). They also go by the lovely acronym of EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens). Just type in "micro four thirds camera" on Amazon and a bunch of products come up.

The only issue is, since it's still a relatively new type of camera (a little less than four years old), they're still pretty expensive. I think the cheapest you can find one is $400.

If that's not your style, the higher end Nikon Coolpix (like the P500) have the features you're looking for in your price range. I really can't recommend Nikon highly enough; for the features you're getting, the cameras are very affordable. Plus, Nikons last basically forever (we have an SLR from the 60s that still works perfectly), so it's a good investment.

I don't pretend to know much about cameras, but I myself am in the market for one, so I've been doing a bit of research lately.