Monday, November 16, 2009

My First Massage.

I've never had a massage before today. Ever. People have told me how great it is, and while I assumed they were right, I never had the desire to spend money that I deemed so unnecessary. While we're on the subject, I've never been to a chiropractor either. *shrugs* So wellness doctors aren't my thing.

The massage thing, however, changed today.

Last month, Tori and I were hanging out in the Union (per usual), and this woman walked up to us. Usually people walking around the Union just want to get you to go to seminars, so it almost became one of those roll-your-eyes-no-thanks moments. But I like to be polite and hear these people out, so I let her do her thing. She was selling promotional packages for a new salon. The packages were $50 a piece, and they offered 4 visits: a massage, a facial, a manicure, and a hair style. Considering that a decent hair cut ALONE in CoMo will run you near $25-30, this promotion caught my eye. I love manicures/pedicures, and I've been wanting to try a massage and facial. So I bought the package.

It. Was. Amazing.
Being on guard, I have a LOT of knots in my shoulders...I know that. The massage lady (masseuse?) was not prepared. The package offered a 30 minute massage, but really it was just the lady following a pattern of areas to work on. 45 minutes later, I left. I received 15 extra minutes of massage time, because she couldn't get the knots out of my shoulder! :) I was not complaining though. It was glorious. I tipped well, because she worked hard on my shoulders. I wouldn't be surprised if I have bruises tomorrow - but they'd be worth it.

I've been so stressed out with wedding plans, insurance, money, and class work, that I really needed this. I was planning on scheduling the facial meet today, but the lady who does those is only in the salon on Wednesdays and Saturdays...so that visit might not happen until after Christmas or something. We'll see. I'm just glad that I was able to pamper myself, and now I feel a lot better.

Tonight is Culver's night supporting TBS and KKY, which are the band service sorority and fraternity (respectively). A lot of my friends are in them, including Jayme and Lyndsey (two of my fabulous bridesmaids!), so Allie (another fabulous bridesmaid! *giggles*) and I are heading out to Culver's to support them.  10% of any purchase goes towards the groups, so it's like ice cream for a good cause. No guilt here!

No comments: