Thursday, April 8, 2010

Busy!

I've been a terrible blogger. Whoops! But I've been very busy to be fair. I started a second job.

The last two weeks, I've been working my normal 20 hours at my first job, plus an additional 26 hours at my new job. I'm still working on the phones all the time (though this time I'm accepting incoming calls, rather than making outgoing ones), but I really don't mind it. I make more at my new job, which wouldn't be hard to do considering my first - besides, minimum wage is the common pay for jobs here in CoMo, which really sucks.

I like my second job, but I still like my first job more. I've gotten to be really good friends with many of the people in the office, and it's much more interpersonal than my second. The new job has pros too though. For one, I get my own desk (which I get to decorate!). I also get paid breaks. Most of the people there have this as their second job too, so it's not a big deal for me to limit my availability so I can work both.

It's definitely nice to have the two jobs occupying my time now though. Since my training has settle down at the new place, and I've decreased my hours at my old job, my life is settling down again. I'm working between 32-40 hours a week, which is wonderful for the bank account and bills, but I'm still trying to save as much as possible. The possibility of moving without having a job is still ever-so-present, and I don't want us to fall into a sticky situation without having anything to fall back on. I'm still scrimping and saving, but now at least I don't have to worry about paying the bills for now.  Also, it's nice to be busy again. It makes the long distance thing much easier - knowing that I have obligations here.

No comments: