Sunday, June 20, 2010

Let's Go Cardinals Let's Go!

Friday night was truly summertime for me. I haven't had many summer nights - between working two jobs, trying to do wedding things, and pack, I've been so busy indoors. I haven't had the chance to get out and enjoy my summer. In any case, that ended on Friday. We went to the Cardinals game.
Sean's dad won tickets (or was given them? I'm not sure) from his work. Since he works for a pretty prominent company, we had 10 tickets. Ten. For Section 135, Row 13, in the lovely Busch Stadium. The new stadium was built 4 years ago, and was much needed. No matter what anyone says. The old stadium had restrooms that didn't work, very limited access, and was so old it was kind of terrifying. The new stadium is gorgeous. It was actually my first time being there, but that's perfectly okay. Now, where exactly is Section 135? Here, let me show you:
 Our Seats on the map
The view!

We were close. A guy in the front row of our section was hit in the head with a foul ball. It's okay...he was wearing a Yankees' jersey. He probably deserved it anyway.

The Cards' game was Papa Byrne's Father's Day gift - all of us kids went. This is what summer is...it's family, enjoying a ball game together, drinking beers, and having fun, despite the fact that it was still 87 degrees at nine o'clock at night. It's the sound of the organ, the cheering, the crowds that never boo anyone - and my high school choir singing the national anthem (how cool is that? We had no idea before the game). That would be summer in StL...and I love summer.
 (Mama and Papa)
(Sean and I)

No comments: