Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Full Weekend Off

My normal schedule is Sunday - Thursday. My weekend is generally Friday and Saturday, which has both is good and bad points. It's awesome, because I get Friday to myself. I can craft, shop, do laundry, and clean in peace, without Sean. It's great to have the time to wind down from a hectic week, and I love it so. It also leaves Sean free on Sunday, which means that he can save his weekend homework, and we actually spend time together. Plus, Sundays at work are usually pretty slow, which is nice to ease into the workweek with.

It also means, however, that we go to mass on Saturday nights. And for some reason, our Saturday night masses is like the geriatrics league - there's so many old people! Sean doesn't mind the traditional, slower paced masses, but I much prefer upbeat. It's also really really hard to see everyone talking about lazy Sundays when I'm stuck at work - I'd much rather be home with my husband and kitten. Knowing I'm not the only person that has a sucky shift definitely helps, but still. I want my Sunday mornings back.

This week I have them. One of the trainers at my work is out of town (training people in Jacksonville), and with the snow storm, one of the training classes was delayed. This means there's currently two classes...and one trainer. They asked if I would be willing to change my schedule to help out, and I jumped at the chance. I would love to get into training in the future, and this is a great opportunity to get the experience and boost my reputation at work. The people I'm training are on a great track, and with a little practice, will be fantastic reps. It also gives me the chance to brush up on my knowledge and learn the new tricks that have come out - because they don't always get forwarded to the floor.

Ideally, I'll be helping this week and next - but I also applied for a promotion to another work group. If I get that, my training stint will likely end on Wednesday. I almost don't want it to. In fact, while I would be excited to get the promotion, I'm not 100% sure it would be the best move for me. We shall see, I suppose. It's not like I can worry about it right now anyway.

Anyway, I have a lot to do today. Yesterday we enjoyed the weather, but that means I'm so far behind today. I'm going to make a pot of chili for a coworker who is going through a rough time, prep dinner for tomorrow, and go to Michaels for some thank you note supplies, as well as supplies for Katie's 21st birthday shot book. Crafty times!!

No comments: