Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'll have my cake (and eat it too!)

A year ago, my wedding cake looked like this:
We had a delicious four tier cake, from Wedding Wonderland Cakes. The large, bottom tier was yellow cake with strawberry filling. The next tier was spice cake with Bavarian creme. The next was Lemon cake with fudge filling. And the top tier? It was red velvet and cream cheese. It was seriously the best cake I've ever eaten in my life.

Anyway. We never tried the top tier, because we saved it. We followed this tutorial, wrapping the cake in seran wrap and foil, putting in its box, and wrapping again. We figured that if any cake was going to be decent after a year, ours would be the one!

Surprisingly, it doesn't taste half bad. It actually kinda tasted like store-bought cake, as opposed to delicious bakery cake.
Cake freezing adventure? Success.

No comments: