Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Anticipation. And Chip Dip.

Moni is having a baby. Within a week. And I couldn't be more excited. She's the first of my good friends to have a kid, and I'm only slightly obsessed with children. She's not technically due until the 28th of September, but she went to the doctor on Monday and they told her any day! She's being induced on Monday if she doesn't go before then. Mandi and I both told her Friday or Saturday, cause we want to see her!! I'd really like to go visit in the hospital, but we'll see. Soon the world will welcome Omar Miguel Lopez! I still need to figure out where the accents go. I'm not sure if Miguel has any on his name (I know Lopez doesn't). I can't believe she's having a baby! AHH! I'll have to go baby shopping in the next couple of days too.

Okay. I need to calm down before I start freaking out in my next class...

Anyways. School is kicking my butt, per usual. I'm absolutely terrible with this online, independent study course. I really need to work on it. I'm going to try to get the midterm in by the end of September. We'll see. The biggest problem I'm having with it is that there aren't any due dates. It's COMPLETELY on my own. *sigh*

The other day I made chip dip. I found it as a recipe for French Onion dip, but it was not french onion. Not in any way. But nonetheless, it is delicious.

Un-French Onion Chip Dip

16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
3/4 cup Sour Cream
2 packets of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (I used more to taste)
Garlic Salt to taste


Blend the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Sift in the onion soup mix in (or if you prefer chunky dip, just dump it in!). Add in the Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt to taste. If you prefer a thinner dip, add milk until you get the desired consistency. 
Break out those ruffle chips, and enjoy!

No comments: