Sunday, September 13, 2009

Football Season

Yesterday marked the beginning of the 2009 collegiate football season - technically. Actually, it started last weekend, but the game was in St. Louis - not at our home football stadium, so it didn't really count. Yesterday was the first HOME game.

I love football. Specifically, I love Mizzou football. I love the roar of the crowd, the stadium packed in black and gold. I love the video at the beginning of the every game, and chills I get when it plays and the football team runs by. I love the boom of the cannon. I love our seats and yelling as loud as we can when the opposing team is trying to score in OUR endzone. I love the rush of the game. I love Dr. Knight's speeches at the beginning and the end of the game. It's wonderful.

And it's ending. This is my last season - perhaps the worst part about the thought of graduating college. I'm going to miss it. I'm going to miss the 7 am calls, not leaving the stadium until it's empty, singing the alma mater, waiting for bananas, and practicing under the stands before we go out. I'm going to miss my swoosh tan line from my uniform (though I haven't gotten it yet this year).

Okay. Enough sap.

The Tigers almost blew this game. Big time. We played Bowling Green. BOWLING GREEN. A team who was 6-6 last year. And they were ahead until the 4th quarter!! Gah! It was the most nerve-wrecking experience. We should have never been behind them in any way. Never. We eventually won (only 27-20), but my gosh. /rant.

You'll probably be seeing a new header in the next couple of days. And it will probably be football-themed. It's football season - and football (well, and Marching Band) pretty much rule my existence.

No comments: