Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding Binder

I've been meaning to do this for a long time. Ever since I became engaged, actually. I wanted to make a wedding binder.

I am a notoriously cluttered person. I love to be organized, but I can never seem to find the time. It's awful, and it causes serious unrest. No joke. I hate being disorganized and not knowing exactly where everything is. So tonight seemed like the perfect opportunity to start one. I actually finished most of my homework even, before I started it! Usually projects like these are used to avoid homework *sheepish grin* Anyways.

I started with my supplies (and a trip to Wal-Mart, which included a 20 minute conversation with Andrew Wallace...). Right now, I just have a binder, dividers, and a folder in the back for micellaneous things. After all, I know that I won't be able to file EVERYTHING right away. I was hoping to get folders for each section, little clear ones, but they happened to be sold out in ALL FIVE SECTIONS that they were supposed to be in. Needless to say, I don't have them. Yet.


Then, I labeled the hell out of my little divider tabs. I have: Important info (contacts, calendars, budget, etc), Guest List, Rehearsal Dinner, Stationary, Wedding Party, Ceremony Venue, Reception Venue, Photography, Florist, Bakery, Transportation, Registry, Gift List, and Honeymoon. If I end up planning any of my own showers, that will probably end up in there too - I left two extra tabs. Surprisingly, I didn't even put them in an overly-particular order. I figured I'll get use to where they are regardless.


Check out that neat handwriting and pretty colors!
I found several templates that I'm going to use, from Russel+Hazel. I don't need all of them, and instead of printing each one out from the site, I'm actually recreating each one in word. Many of the things are different, or I want them to be laid out in a certain way. However, I did make a few pages on my own:

Payment Tracker


Calendar
I only used a payment tracker, rather than a budget, because we don't really have a budget. We have the things that we feel are most important, and we'll add and subtract other things to make the important things happen. Also, I didn't fill it out yet, mostly because I don't want to have to flip several pages to get to a payment I'm making now. Hopefully it'll work for me.

And I'll admit, the calendar is just a screen shot from iCal. The last month is broken up by week, and the last 2 days are broken up by hour. I figure I'll be the most busy then. I plan on printing the calendars, along with the rest of my pages that I've made, out tomorrow at the library. Why waste my own ink and paper when the library charges just 5 cents a page? I've got to put that $35 quota to use somewhere!

Overall, I'm quite pleased with my binder. It's bright and colorful, and hopefully it'll keep me organized. And I have so much to do in the next week that I'm sure it will get filled out of sheer procrastination from everything else. I just hope I don't get overzealous with it. I'd rather not lose the "joy of wedding planning"

Right.

No comments: