Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wedding Time Capsule?

I've become an avid blogger, in every sense of the word. I use pictures, I have a customized layout and header, and I follow other blogs religiously. One of the blogs I follow, which always has neat, inexpensive (because I feel like saying "cheap" makes them tacky) ideas, is 2000 Dollar Budget Wedding. It started as a blog for a couple who planned a wedding for less than $2000, an admirable feat, but doable if you throw all the "traditional wedding images" out the window. These weddings have actually become really popular in recent years, so really, their wedding turned out rather quaint and cute.

Anyways. Their wedding happened less than 6 months ago, and while I found the blog after the wedding had taken place, they continue to update. A lot of the updates answer questions that readers have, but they also post budget-friendly ideas for other weddings. It's a great blog, even though a lot of times the stuff is too earthy or kitschy for Sean and I's persona (mostly mine - I'm not a garden wedding kinda gal). But occasionally, even the most organic blogs posts something that I can get behind - today, was one of those days.

At their wedding, they had a Wedding Time Capsule. They had their guests fill out sheets of paper with messages to the bride and groom and predictions for them in ten years (how many kids, where they'll be living, etc). The bride and groom won't open the capsule until their 10 year wedding anniversary.

How cool is that? I'd love to do something like this. It looks like they simply took a wine tube or something similar, and decorated it - it wouldn't cost much, so if guests didn't do it, they didn't do it. Not much of a lost cost, though probably disappointing. I'm still torn as to whether or not my guests will participate, but I think I want to give it a shot.

No comments: