Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's been a long weekend...

Truth. (First: many thanks to our families who helped move us! We couldn't have done it without them!)

We've moved, we've purchased new floor lamps, and I'm slowly starting to unpack. So slowly. I'd like to actually unpack, and make it feel like our apartment. We're getting there. Slowly but surely. I've gotten the kitchen mostly done, and the bedroom too. The living room and office? Eeeeehhhh that's another story :p

Honestly, it would be a lot easier if two things were to happen...A) our apartment magically grew or B) storage magically grew. We need a couple bookshelves for our movies/video games, but there's not much room for them. But, it definitely challenges my organizational skills!

It's also hard transitioning from my college days to this...adult life? I've spent the last four years in a college life, with funky colors and crazy knicknacks. I've definitely grown out of that, but I'm having a hard time transitioning - I need to find a way to meld the two sides of my life.

Le sigh. I guess this is how it always is, huh?

1 comment:

Lyndsey Nielsen said...

I know what you mean. I am trying to coordinate my bedroom so that it's not pink, green, yellow and a million other colors. I'm doing a black and white thing with green for accents. Funny story actually: I bought a black bedding set thinking it would be better than one that was predominantly white because of the cat hair. I learned pretty quickly that just because Maia is MOSTLY black, that doesn't mean it doesn't show on the comforter ...