Tuesday, June 4, 2013

First Comes Love...Then Comes Marriage...Then Comes...

(this is the first post I wrote when I found out I was pregnant - there will be a few more of these to come in the next couple of days as I play catch up!)

I honestly can't believe it. I'm pregnant.

 Pregnant.

Pregnant. 

It's crazy folks!

I tested today, May 8th. It's Sean and I's 8th anniversary together, and I'm a week late. I was going to test yesterday, but I figured I might as well be cheesy and try today instead. And lo and behold, 4:00 am brought be this lovely image:

Wow.

I've been beaming all day. I can't even describe the shock that I'm in.

I'm joyful, because I'm going to be a mom. I'm afraid this pregnancy won't stick. I'm thankful that we've been blessed with this - after only trying for 2 months. I'm worried because now there's so much to do - buy a house, get to the doctor, save for maternity leave (which is 60% paid!) - it's just crazy to me. Plus, I have to figure out how to hide being pregnant for a few weeks - a few weeks which include Sean's graduation and graduation party. Both of which are going to be highly family centered and highly alcohol centered.

 (Me, beaming with the test) (Sean, his first reaction)

I've got my work cut out for me!

No comments: