Thursday, July 25, 2013

Self Image.

Lately, I'm having a really hard time with my self image. I've always been critical of myself, but at the same time, I've always worked past it. I've always been confident regardless of my looks.

But right now?

That's not the case.

I'm in that awkward stage between fat and pregnant. I feel like I've got an extra layer of blubber chilling  around my belly and love handles, and I feel like my arms have lost any definition they had. My legs hurt because of it. I'm more tired because of it. I keep reading that people don't start gaining weight until their 20+ weeks, and here I am up almost 10 lbs at 15 weeks (but I wasn't sick at the beginning).

I know that I'm gaining weight for the baby. I know that my belly weight IS the baby. I know that I have water weight going on. Hell, I know that I should lift some arm weights.

But man.

I just want to reach the stage of rounding out and actually looking pregnant. Not like an overinflated blow up doll.

Don't people say pregnant people glow? Where IS that? I feel like my self image right now is worse than its ever been, when I have every reason to look the way I do.

I'm blaming these stupid hormones.

No comments: