Monday, July 26, 2010

In the News...Jury Decides Consent Not Necessary for GGW

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_30865bcc-95eb-11df-9734-00127992bc8b.html

Scenario: Girls Gone Wild is at a bar, filming. A woman is dancing on the bar. Someone else pulls down her shirt, revealing her breasts. Woman is heard saying "No! No!" Camera man films. Woman never. gives. consent. Footage is later scene on GGW video. Woman sues. A St. Louis jury states that "Through her actions, she gave implied consent".

Wait. What?

Is it just me, or is this like stating that woman who dress slutty are consenting to be raped? "No" means no. Plain and simple. Right?

Apparently, not in St. Louis.

This just makes me so angry. I can't even formulate words for it. Not only is this arising in my hometown, but it's just not right. I've danced on bars before. But there is no way in hell that I would do something like this. And I doubt that this woman would either. She's now 26 and a mother of two. A jury voted for this...eleven to one.

I hope to hell she files an appeal. 

No comments: