Friday, July 2, 2010

Wedding Lull - Banished!

I've been a lull lately. For the past two weeks, I've been reluctant to plan anything wedding related, simply because I didn't know if it was going to be affordable. Up until Tuesday, in our eyes, we were moving to KC without school, jobs, or even an apartment really. We were going in with the thought that we were going to be incredibly poor, and every last penny was going to survival.

But then, Tuesday rolled around. And Sean was accepted. And I bought embossing powder, votive holders (ahem, 210 - but for only $40!), and jars. Suddenly, life wasn't so dull. We knew that we had something to move for, if not for us. Wedding planning was on. Packing was on. Life was on.

It's nice to know where you're going. Even though we're going toward debt and 3 more years of school, it's wonderful knowing it's something. There's less pressure for me to get a job right away (even though the force will resume once we move). We're not focusing on a dark hole of no hope. Sean will be starting school at the end of August, I have plans to run a 5k (oh that's a whole 'nother story), and we'll be together. It's a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

Now. Backing to that packing game. Oh the chaos that is my room...

No comments: