Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Officially Unemployed.

As of last Saturday, I am officially unemployed. It's a very strange concept to me. I've had a job nearly constantly since I was in 7th grade, whether it was baby-sitting, Schnucks, F&B, or MBS. I love working. I love being able to fend for myself, knowing that I'm in control of my money. And now, for a while at least, I don't have any of that.

I gave my two weeks at both of my jobs in preparation for the move to KC. I knew that I would be super busy this week (and rightfully so), and I didn't want to get too overwhelmed. I've been very busy this week, and the downtime has been wonderful. Hopefully I'll be able to get another job in the next few weeks in KC (even just a small one to hold me over), and things will be better. Sean knows that he's been accepted into to school, as so his loans will arrive shortly as well. But I don't want to rely on those. I would love to be able to support us solely, so that the loans are only for the cost of classes. One can only hope, right?

I've been spending time with friends here in StP for a bit. We'll be back next weekend (maybe) for the Toby Keith Concert, and then we'll be back in August. Life is crazy. Absolutely crazy.

No comments: