Thursday, August 5, 2010

Officially Employed!!

I started work last night at my new job. I think I'm really going to like it. It's a security services call-center, which is really cool. I get to save lives. The company only promotes from within, so I've also got a really good chance of moving up in the company. I'd love to work my way up to "Custom" (which is security for celebrites - like Betty White, Paris Hilton, and the Obama's Chicago home, no joke), or HR. I think the place has real potential. I'm training weeknights from 3:30 pm - midnight, but after August I'll be working 7 am - 3:30 pm, Sunday through Thursday. We shall see!

But the best part of the job? The benefits. It has amazing benefits. I'll have health insurance, including dental and vision, and, after I'm employed for a year, I'll have maternity too (while it's not so much of an issue now, it will be one day). They'll reimburse school tuition up to $7,500 a year, which means I can get a masters degree (for free!). I'll also get gym membership discounts (in addition to the one they have at the facility), discounts on new cars (not that we'll need one for a while), cell phone plan discounts, a 401k, life insurance, and monthly bonuses. I think I can handle that ;)

Though, I must say, it sucks that I'm signing up for all of this stuff, and I'm going to have to turn right around and change it all in 5 months when we get married. Ah well. Such is life. Luckily though, I'll be able to support us with just my paycheck. It'll be really nice to not have to take out extra loans for Sean's schooling.

I'm just glad to be productive. And out of the house. I was getting cabin fever. 

No comments: