Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update on life!

I've been a terrible blogger. Seriously. But, I like to claim that I've been super busy, and use that as an excuse :) So what's been going on with me?

- I'm working 40 hours a week at one job. I went on the phones for the first time on Friday night, and seriously considered my ability to handle this job. It's extremely stressful. But, Monday night was a whole different story. My nerves held steady, and I have confidence that I'll do just fine. What a relief!

- I'm trying to get wedding things done. Trying. But working at night is really throwing me off. I can't for the life of me be productive in the mornings - thank god I'm switching to days in September. Plus, Sean and I are taking full advantage of our last few days before school starts, and he just can't be there for some of the wedding planning stuff. It makes me miss my girls, and I wish we had taken more time to do wedding stuff...but everyone was always busy.

- Sean starts school on Thursday. He's already done reading and is working on briefs for classes. At least he's not whining about how bored he was when I first started work :p

- Our fridge and pantry finally looks like someone lives here. It's not just a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter...not that we lived like that at all...

- We're making friends! Or rather, rekindling friendships. We hung out with Beth and Dan on Saturday, and Kevin and his friend Virginia that night.

Other than that, not much else is happening around here. We found a crappy mexican restaurant, and an italian restaurant drive-thru (yup, it's attached to a carwash). Things are definitely strange here in KC...it's very different. But life? It's going just fine.

No comments: