Wednesday, January 1, 2014

38 Weeks


How far along: 38 Weeks

Size of Baby: a Leek

Weight gain: I think I'm right around 30 actually. 

Symptoms: More with the waddling. And the tiredness. And the hugeness lol. 

Clothes: all maternity. And even some of those are becoming too short shirt-wise. 

Cravings/Aversions: I was definitely digging some Mexican last week - we went to El Maguey with friends. It was delicious. 

Movement: Lots of stretching. The bigger movements are dying down, and I definitely can see my belly roll when she moves. 

Worries: Very few again. Bag is packed, food is cooked, I contacted a photographer and it's doable. The only thing left to figure out is child care, but seeing as Sean's new job offers him a TON of paternity leave...I'm not too worried. 😊

Milestones: baby is full term! (Ok, these standards changed in October, but whatevs). She's blinking and sucking and all that good stuff. 

Best moment of the Week: seeing Sean's family. And my aunt came by while visiting her inlaws. We found out Sean's job gives him TEN WEEKS of full paid paternity leave - he probably won't take it all being a new employee, but it means so much. And he won't have to take vacation days when we go to Colorado in the summer, because his paternity leave can be split into 2 parts, and taken within six months of birth. WHAT. Now. Here's to hoping baby girl comes soon! (Also found out that my doctor won't induce me until 41 weeks, provided fluids are good!) 

No comments: