Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 - Review Time!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon!

2013 was a HUGE, important, fantastic year for us. It has given us so many blessings and so much hope for the future - I can't even begin to explain. So here's a super short rendition!

January
- Sean and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary
- I paid off my two smallest student loans (every little bit counts!)
- Sean started his last semester of law school!

February
- We had a ridiculous snowfall - two storms that brought us a combined 27" in one week (and left us without power for 2 days)
- We road tripped to Des Moines to visit Lyndsey for her birthday

March
- We remembered Patty passing away 5 years ago
- I turned 25
- We took a vacation to Las Vegas (and enjoyed wonderful warmth while it was freezing back home!)
- I applied for (and didn't get) two promotions at work - they didn't promote anyone

April
- I finally found a successful way to meal plan
- I walked the March of Dimes with a great friend
- Sean and I enjoyed our last year of Barrister's Ball (law school prom, basically)
- We said goodbye to my grandpa, who passed away due to complications with Parkinson's

May
- We found out I was pregnant on our 8 year anniversary of being together
- Sean graduated from law school 
- We managed to keep my pregnancy a secret during his graduation and festivities!
- I did a DITL post

June
- We announced to the world that we were pregnant (and to his family at his graduation party)
- We put an offer in on our first house
- Sean started bar prep courses

July
- We took a very impromtu, very short trip to Florida for Sean's cousin's wedding
- Sean took the bar exam

August
- Our little baby is continuing to develop - and here's the heartbeat!
- We took possession of our house and moved in!
- We found out we were having a baby girl - but didn't tell anyone yet
- Sean turned 27

September
- My car got a new transmission (thankfully I have a lifetime warranty on it)
- Sean PASSED. THE. BAR. 
- I felt baby kick for the first time

October
- Sean was sworn in to the Missouri State Bar Association
- We started painting/renovating our house
- We went down to Mizzou to tailgate for our last homecoming sans baby
- We saw Wicked (Sean's birthday gift from August)

November
- We had our baby shower - and announced we were having a girl!
- We traveled home for thanksgiving - the last time we'd get to go home before baby arrives
- We put together the nursery
- Sean and I also took our birth classes (finally)

December
- We celebrated Christmas Day by ourselves, which sucked. But thankfully family came in for the weekends!
- Sean got a full time, big kid job!
- We got a deep freezer for Christmas, and promptly starting filling it with frozen meals for post baby
- We hit the one month to go stage. And I packed my hospital bag.
- We rung in the new year with our great friends, which has become an annual tradition.

It's been a crazy, whirlwind year - that's for certain. I can't wait to see what 2014 brings us and to meet our baby!!!


No comments: